Home Open Account Help 172 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NYC Heritage engine and Conrail Shared Assets Lehigh Line

Date: 03/14/19 17:15
NYC Heritage engine and Conrail Shared Assets Lehigh Line
Author: OCtrainguy

On Saturday, March 2nd, I was able to get trackside for a bit.  Where I live along the shore in New Jersey, the evening before produced more rain, something we've had a lot of this winter.  Saturday was going to be cloudy as the system pulled away, but with the New York Central heritage engine in the Port Reading (NJ) area with an ethanol train, and it being one of the engines I still needed to photo, I headed out.  I was pleasantly surprised to see a fresh coating of snow in the Port Reading area.  My decision paid off as the NYC heritage engine was at Motiva and Port Reading Yard (Conrail Shared Assets) local PR8 built the empty ethanol train and brought it up to Carteret and tied it down for NS.  After getting some photos, I still had some time and headed over to South Plainfield (NJ) along the Shared Assets Lehigh Line.  I just missed the head end of NS 212. but caught three other NS trains in about an hour.  So overall, it turned out to be a good day and I ended up getting my first snow photos of the winter.  We haven't had a lot of snow here this winter.   Onto the photos.

1.  The PR8 with the NYC heritage engine and an AC GEVO at Carteret on the Garden State Secondary after dropping the cars off further back.  This is former CNJ trackage.
2.  Over on the Shared Assets Lehigh Line and NS 243 heads west with a pair of Dash 9s.  
3.  A late running NS 18G with a pair of DC Gevos.  

A few more to follow.. 

Date: 03/14/19 17:20
Re: NYC Heritage engine and Conrail Shared Assets Lehigh Line
Author: OCtrainguy

Continuing the photos.

4.  This one was a nice surprise, you can still faintly see the "Santa Fe" on the side of the car
5.  NS 211 heading west with a rebuilt SD90MAC leading a pair of rebuilt DC to AC engines
6.  A look at the lead engine of the 211

Definitely enjoyed my time trackside.  Hope you enjoy the photos. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds