Home Open Account Help 356 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS 205 Running in the LHF tradition of NW and Southern

Date: 04/03/19 01:58
NS 205 Running in the LHF tradition of NW and Southern
Author: JPB

On Thursday 3/28/19, NS intermodal / auto rack train departed Mechanicville NY, on its way to Chicago's 47th St Intermodal facility with its two locomotives (AC44C6M leading a D9-44CW) coupled nose to nose, a less than optimal configuration for the engineer who can't easily see all the whistle posts or signals. In photo 1, 205 waits in the Delanson NY controlled siding at the layback point meeting intermodal / auto rack symbol 22K heading east to Ayer, MA. In photo #2, the entire medium sized train is seen at Emmons, NY (home of Brooks' House of Bar-B-Q!). In the video, 205 is passing through Sidney at the site of the former NYO&W - D&H diamond.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/19 02:04 by JPB.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/03/19 10:28
Re: NS 205 Running in the LHF tradition of NW and Southern
Author: DJ-12

Interesting. I assume something must have been at issue with the trailing unit so they swapped them around?

Date: 04/03/19 11:12
Author: Rathole

That would be my guess.  On occasion something will happen to a loco that will prevent it from leading, but it will work just fine in trail.

=====================================================================================================

DJ-12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting. I assume something must have been at
> issue with the trailing unit so they swapped them
> around?

Date: 04/03/19 23:40
Author: krm152

Thanks for posting the interesting and enjoyable post.
you certainly chose a historic site for the video.
Spent so much time around SOU that I like LHF. 
ALLEN

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0393 seconds