Home Open Account Help 171 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > OCS and other things today

Date: 04/16/19 21:31
OCS and other things today
Author: mp109

Today was a nice sunny day, at least in the early afternoon. So, I went out. I was hoping that the office car special would get 
to Harrisburg before dark, too. Amtrak picture is on the passenger board. 
1, The HO-02 Enola to Steelton local was out and about. Strangely, when it returned later they used the symbol H-23. 
2. Intermodal 21A leaving the yard headed by two ES44DC engines. The second is the "class engine" of the ES44DC's no. 7500.
3. Inter-modal train 20R entering the yard with the conductor getting ready to get off the engine to throw a switch. 

Date: 04/16/19 21:49
Re: OCS and other things today
Author: mp109

I usually don't stay out very long, but the OCS was heading up the Lurgan line and I was hoping that it would get to Harrisburg 
before dark. Well, it did but just barely! They told the dispatcher that they had only 340 gallons of fuel, so they would have to fuel 
up as well as change crews at the Harrisburg fuel pad. 
4. I went to Division Street in Harrisburg, so I could catch it before it reached the fuel pad. Here it is just 30 minutes before the official 
    time of sunset. This was the last picture I got, just before the battery in my camera died! 
5. So, with a fresh battery installed, I headed to the Resume Fire Co. parking lot (m.p. 108) and shot it again, just 8 minutes before the 
    official time of sunset. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0468 seconds