Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Decatur & Eastern Illinois RR Eastbound

Date: 06/02/19 19:40
Decatur & Eastern Illinois RR Eastbound
Author: mtzctrain

On Saturday (June 1st) the DREI eastbound road train (train 101) left town around the usual time: 8am. I was able to catch it at 4 locations as it headed east to Paris, IL. 

Video scenes (in order) are just past the Decatur airport, cresting the hill out of Long Creek, past Casner, and cruising by the La Place elevator (all in Illinois).

Train is powered by gp38-2 WAMX 4002 and gp40 HLCX 4212. In tow are 45 cars: 31 loads and 14 empties. The two boxcars are unusual for this line around here.

-Caleb

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/03/19 06:59
Re: Decatur & Eastern Illinois RR Eastbound
Author: ghemr

Great video----thanks!

Date: 06/03/19 07:22
Author: inCHI

Nice video!

Date: 06/03/19 12:14

Thank you both! I'm just glad WATCO is doing well with this line!

Date: 06/03/19 14:13
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the video.

Date: 06/03/19 21:04
Author: Bunny218

Thanks for sharing! Nice to see, would be worth heading out there once they get some lettering on that lead WAMX unit. Hopefully, they do that.

Date: 06/04/19 05:10

I know originally, that unit was supposed to be assigned to the DREI just temporary during the startup of the line, but I think higher than expected traffic levels are going to keep it here. I also know one of the employees said the class 1s wanted a fortune to move the unit to another line, so WATCO decided to leave it at the DREI (this was back a few months ago). Maybe they will add a decal to the long hood one of these days, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Bunny218 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing! Nice to see, would be worth
> heading out there once they get some lettering on
> that lead WAMX unit. Hopefully, they do that.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds