Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Signal variety next to a dormant tourist line

Date: 06/11/19 17:30
Signal variety next to a dormant tourist line
Author: EL833

I was making a short trip down to the Ohio River back on May 28th and made a stop in Byesville, Ohio. From what I can gather the Byesville Scenic hasn't ran since 2011. This section of track that runs between Cambridge and C&M junction, maybe around 10 miles worth, is one of the few remaining sections of the former PRR Marietta Branch still used (the vast majority is long gone from what I can see). The G&W operates it today under thier CUOR/OC lines. The most interesting thing to me was the signals. I have no idea which ones are still in operation or are just for show, but I'm guessing at least the switch indicator ones are still active. Does anyone know the frequency of trains on this line ?

Roger Durfee
Akron, OH

Date: 06/11/19 19:56
Re: Signal variety next to a dormant tourist line
Author: CR900945

I think you could assume these are for show.  It is a way to show the public a variety of signal types.  They may or may not light up for added interest.

Date: 06/11/19 20:57
Author: TAW

EL833 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no idea which ones are
> still in operation or are just for show.

Signals only for display should not be displayed in any place where they may be confused with operating signals. In this picture, none of them should be operating.

TAW

Date: 06/11/19 21:02
Author: TAW

CR900945 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>  It
> is a way to show the public a variety of signal
> types.

Here is an example of a similar display in South Africa except the line is signaled so the display signals cannot be located next to the track. They are in a park across the driveway from the station.

TAW

Date: 06/11/19 22:37
Author: coach

I like those low-mount dwarf searchlight signals...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0471 seconds