Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > She Ain't Pretty

Date: 06/12/19 10:25
She Ain't Pretty
Author: RDG630

This morning's NS 10N stopped on the Lehigh River Bridge before entering the Allentown, Pa Yard alowing for many photo angles, too bad she ain't pretty.

Date: 06/12/19 10:32
Re: She Ain't Pretty
Author: exhaustED

Maybe not... handsome would be a better word...

Date: 06/12/19 10:45
Author: toledopatch

The scabbier the Penn Central Heritage unit becomes, the more authentic it looks.

Date: 06/12/19 13:52
Author: dschlegel

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The scabbier the Penn Central Heritage unit
> becomes, the more authentic it looks.
>  

Agreed, it is making me nostalgic for my youth in the late 70’s when CR was dominated in my area by dingy grayish black PC units. Today I even caught it behind the Bowers hotel on the Reading line and was taken back to the times dad would take me to the same spot.
Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/12/19 14:03
Author: CCMF

"The scabbier the Penn Central Heritage unit becomes, the more authentic it looks. "

I said from the outset they should have just slapped a PC logo on the worst looking burnt-hood GE they could find.

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 06/13/19 04:32
Author: mp208

Great setting....great framing.....great photo.  Alas, its like putting "lipstick on a pig"

Date: 06/13/19 07:20
Author: dstill

I remember the first time I was told the PC unit was Brunswick Green.  I thought it was black.  I was about 2 feet from it when it was at Spencer in 2012 I believe.  I would have looked closer.

Date: 06/13/19 12:36
Author: toledopatch

dstill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember the first time I was told the PC unit
> was Brunswick Green.  I thought it was black.  I
> was about 2 feet from it when it was at Spencer in
> 2012 I believe.  I would have looked closer.

"Brunswick Green" was always about as black as something could be without actually being black. You really have to squint to see the green in it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds