Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Signal Sunday

Date: 06/30/19 16:18
Signal Sunday
Author: SantaFeRuss

My version of Signal Sunday.

1.New replacement signal bridge at Leetsdale, Pennsylvania on the Norfolk Southern. Crews are working their way west from the Altoona, PA area right now. The Position Light signals at this     location are real short on time.

2 Ex Pennsylvania Railroad Colour Position Light (CPL) signals on the Northeast Corridor at Wilmington/Newark, Delaware with a Northbound Acella Train flashing by about 2 months ago.

3. Upper quadrant semaphore signal on the Wilmington & Western ex Baltimore and Ohio station at Wilmington (Greenbank), Delaware about 2 months ago.

SantaFeRuss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/19 16:19 by SantaFeRuss.

Date: 06/30/19 19:04
Re: Signal Sunday
Author: gmojim

Nice signals, like the 2nd one.

gmojim

Date: 06/30/19 19:16
Author: perklocal

Agree, that 2nd shot is sweet !

Date: 06/30/19 20:59
Author: gbmott

Nice photos but if you’ll permit me to nitpick just a tad, the signals in photo 2 are new NEC color position lights.  The PRR used position lights where all lights were the same light yellow color and included a light in the center so the display was of three lights, vertical, horizontal or diagonal.  There was no red and green anywhere.  Now before someone nitpicks me, yes, there was red used on Lines West, but that’s another story.

Gordon

Date: 06/30/19 22:38
Author: SantaFeRuss

gbmott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice photos but if you’ll permit me to nitpick
> just a tad, the signals in photo 2 are new NEC
> color position lights.  The PRR used position
> lights where all lights were the same light yellow
> color and included a light in the center so the
> display was of three lights, vertical, horizontal
> or diagonal.  There was no red and green
> anywhere.  Now before someone nitpicks me, yes,
> there was red used on Lines West, but that’s
> another story.
>
> Gordon

Thanks for the correction on the position light signals. So when did the North East Corridor start employing Colour Position Lights?

SantaFeRuss

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0398 seconds