Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Camera shy ?

Date: 07/07/19 20:10
Camera shy ?
Author: CCMF

I guess some RTE's know that some of us have big enough glass that we could read the stickers on the rear cab wall if we wanted to and take precautions as necessary.  Funny.  :-)

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 07/07/19 21:04
Re: Camera shy ?
Author: refarkas

Beautiful Bayview Junction images.
Bob

Date: 07/08/19 04:56
Author: Bunny218

Nice shots, but pretty ridicules actions shading the forward view. But I know what your saying, a year ago had a BNSF conductor get pissed accusing me of I'm taking a picture of him inside the locomotive cab. Like you said, some of these guys sure think we have some intense lenses and need pictures of guys inside the train.....

Date: 07/08/19 05:05
Author: DJ-12

Could also be he just doesn’t want the sun in his eyes the rest of the way to Toronto. Either way, nice shots. The shades down like that makes the locomotive look “sleepy” probably because I’ve watched too much Thomas the tank engine with my kids over the years.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/19 05:06 by DJ-12.

Date: 07/08/19 08:46
Author: wjpyper

Bunny218 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
But I know what your saying, a
> year ago had a BNSF conductor get pissed accusing
> me of I'm taking a picture of him inside the
> locomotive cab.
Know what you mean. Several years ago I had a yard worker accuse me of trying to catch him doing something illegal. My reply was "Then don't do anything illegal." Until that time I hadn't even noticed him. I was shooting a train of oil cans from a public sidewalk. I wonder what he had been doing?

Date: 07/08/19 09:02
Author: justalurker66

DJ-12 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Could also be he just doesn’t want the sun in his eyes the rest of the way to Toronto.

I was thinking that until I looked at the shadow. Unless the line curves back to his right soon those front shades are not going to do much good. But it is his cab and as long as he can see out I don't see the problem with being "shy".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/19 16:54 by justalurker66.

Date: 07/08/19 09:58
Author: toledopatch

Reminds me of a DM&IR crew back in 2004 that suddenly had newspapers plastered all over the cab windows....

Date: 07/08/19 14:15
Author: newtonville150

I was instantly reminded of this one I shot about six weeks after 9/11. :)

This camera shy conductor was quite the artist!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds