Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > James E. Strates Circus Train routing question

Date: 07/10/19 08:28
James E. Strates Circus Train routing question
Author: Pattenburg

heritage units.com reports that the JESX Circus Train was in East Rutherford (NJ) being loaded around 8 AM on Wednesday morning. According to that thread two NS diesels were attached. With its next scheduled show being in Batavia (NY) July 13 to the 20, does that mean its trip to Batavia might take it over NS's Lehigh Line later on Wednesday. Any information on my speculation of its routing would be appreciated. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/19 08:29 by Pattenburg.

Date: 07/10/19 09:38
Re: James E. Strates Circus Train routing question
Author: NYSW252

During the past few years the train has been routed to Western New York State via the Southern Tier Line (Port Jervis and Binghamton, NY)

Date: 07/10/19 09:43
Author: Pattenburg

Thanks for this information.

Date: 07/10/19 13:43
Author: biff

The nearest the NS gets to Batavia is Attica NY. Thats 8-9 miles to the south and there is no place for the train that I know of. The CSX main runs through Batavia and there is whats left of a yard there plus a shortline. So I have to wonder where exactly the train will be parked.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/19 03:45 by biff.

Date: 07/10/19 17:20
Author: waivethefive

The train normally runs the Tier between Croxton and Buffalo and if my memory is correct it is interchanged with the BSOR in Buffalo.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/11/19 03:44
Author: biff

waivethefive Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The train normally runs the Tier between Croxton
> and Buffalo and if my memory is correct it is
> interchanged with the BSOR in Buffalo.
>
That is when the show plays Hamburg, 10 or so miles west of Buffalo. This show is in Batavia NY, 30 miles east of Buffalo. The BSOR runs nowhere near Batavia.

> Posted from Android

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/19 03:55 by biff.

Date: 07/11/19 09:30
Author: CP4743

Strates website shows them at Batavia and out near Olean at the same time starting July 13 and July 15. And then Oswego after that. So the train could possibly go to Corning and be distributed from there or up on to the B&H between Batavia and the Southern Tier show or to Batavia. Curious what they will do as this is a new schedule over previous years. Sometimes some of the stuff gets trucked and they run with empty flats if it is a shorter distance between shows.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds