Home Open Account Help 237 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lorain Ohio Mystery

Date: 07/11/19 08:10
Lorain Ohio Mystery
Author: erielackawanna

I was in the western suburbs of Cleveland hoping to luck out and get a train movement on the Lake Terminal, but everything was quiet. As I poked around a bit more, just to see if a job appeared, I stumbled across a pull off on the road with a view across the river of a string of EMD end-cab switchers (some in various states of disrepair). Looking at Google Earth it appears these have been here for some time. Anyone in the know, what is the story with these units? I'm really curious about the white one with the red stripe, the green one, and the two that have had their cabs removed, but would love to learn about all of them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/19 11:31 by erielackawanna.

Date: 07/11/19 08:10
Re: Lorain Ohio Mystery
Author: erielackawanna

One last shot.

Date: 07/11/19 08:25
Author: osp1729

I posted photos of these locomotives when I was inside the facility about four years ago.  Many others posted comments that may answer your question.  Here is the link.

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3658181,3658181#msg-3658181

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Date: 07/11/19 13:53
Author: Ray_Murphy

osp1729 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I posted photos of these locomotives when I was
> inside the facility about four years ago.

There may be all kinds of security inside that plant, but somebody managed to paint up that passenger car all the same!

Ray 

Date: 07/11/19 15:59
Author: CPR_4000

The ones with the "cabs removed" look like TR6 "calf" units to me ... Oliver Iron Mining and I think SP had them.

Date: 07/11/19 19:30
Author: Milwaukee

I didn't realize there were other TR "B" units still in existence beyond the former C&NW/CGW unit that is in Iowa.   Can someone provide further identification of the units we see here in photo number 1?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0531 seconds