Home Open Account Help 210 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > 2 From our trip to Maine in 2018

Date: 07/20/19 17:25
2 From our trip to Maine in 2018
Author: msns2557

Back in May 2018 we had a delivery in Eastern Maine. On our way up there we made a few stops and shot a few trains along the way. Here are 2 I'd thought I'd share with all.

Shot 1.  EB MBTA Commuter at Ayer Mass on May 1 2018. MBTA 2003 has the shoving honors on this one. We spent about 1 hour here and got 3 trains, 2 MBTA 1 east and 1 west, along with a set of Units heading into the NS yard here, which had the Class CN SD70ACe 8800 on it.

Shot 2.  The next day we found our way headed back south. Decided to take the back way I guess one could call it, non interstate. We made our way over to Brownsville Jct Me and then headed south. Not much happening at the yard there but a few miles south we found this CM&Q train with 2 ex BNSF/ATSF B23-7's waiting for a new crew to get on and take this one south.  The 2 units are CMQ 2002 in BNSF Pnt and CMQ 2001 in ATSF Blu-Ylw.  Look kinda out of place up here in this neck of the woods.

All in all we enjoyed our trip up this way and it is one of those spots we have to get back too and do a little bit more exploring.  Thanks all for looking.  Kristie

Date: 07/20/19 20:24
Re: 2 From our trip to Maine in 2018
Author: exopr

Nice to see pics from a part of the country not frequently covered on TO.   Thanks for sharing.

Date: 07/21/19 03:02
Re: 2 From our trip to Maine in 2018
Author: sums007

Thanks for those pics of my younger days!.  One quick correction.  The yard at Ayer [Hill Yard] belongs to Pan Am.  NS has trains going there as part of their agreement with Pan Am.  West of Ayer, it's known as Pan Am Southern.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds