Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some Action today on the Chicago Line

Date: 08/09/19 19:47
Some Action today on the Chicago Line
Author: bath_wildcat

Had to make a run to Toledo, OHio as a dear friend and my AA sponsor is in UTMC, laid up with complications from back surgery.  So making that run up there to surprise him was worth it.  

I ended up close to CD 282, and caught an Eastbound Intermodal, however those pictures are not worthy of me posting.  

I stayed up in the hospital with my friend until he went back for surgery around 230 PM, then left and made a bee line to my mothers in Port Clinton.  Whats cool is her and I went out to eat andf then made tracks (pun intended) to 3 mile crossing just outside Port Clinton.  Well nothng was happening there so her and I decided to go to CD 266 in Oak Hhrbor, so here is what we ended up getting. 

First is a westbound Empty oil cans with triple CN for power being CN 2692, 5681 and slightly toasted 2279.  

First picture I was in the Lucky Farmers lot, so I had to take this pic of the empty oil cans approching.  The next three are the power. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 08/09/19 19:55
Re: Some Action today on the Chicago Line

And the trailing toasted GEVO. 

Give or take about a half hour this empty westbound grain train shows up, so I thought why not do the same shot with a NS unit?  The black car is also my rental for the last few days-Nissan MAxima, very cool to drive, and yes the person sitting in the car is in fact my own mother.  I make it a point to get her out and about since she has dementia and a serious heart condition. Just so you guys know there is a care team in place, and yes I do get updates from them as I work at Cedar Point. 

Power was NS SD70ACu 7330 and C44-9W 9204.  They stopped short of the crossing due to a westbound going up the Toledo Line, of which I was out of posistion for. That is the third pic. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 08/09/19 20:01

Grain train power 7330 and 9204.

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 08/09/19 20:05

The Going away pic of 7330 and a Rock Island hopper. It was neat to see The Rock hopper. and Tried another elevator shot for craps and giggles as a test light wise. 

That wraps up this post.  This weekend I have some catching up to do on a few other adventures I have had, including when I took my now 15 year old daughter back home to Lima, Ohio to see my grandparents and my dad, a run to Deshler, Fostoria, and Bellevue in the span of a month and some Sandusky action to get posted and caught up on. 

Michael Fair
Royal Oak, MI

Date: 08/12/19 06:25
Author: sp8192

NS 7330 = ex SD90/43 CEFX 105 that was in blue paint..

Date: 08/12/19 14:25
Author: arizonaBNSF

I'm amazed that the Rock Island hopper has survived as long as it has with its original "ROCK" reporting mark and number still visible.

And damn that is one glossy SD70ACU !

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0582 seconds