Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > SD40Es lead unit stone through Phoenixville

Date: 08/09/19 20:29
SD40Es lead unit stone through Phoenixville
Author: VFPNSFAN

7/27/19.  Consecutive #’d SD40Es 6326 & 6327, head west toward Black Rock Tunnel on the NS HARRISBURG LINE, Phoenixville, PA.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/09/19 22:17
Re: SD40Es lead unit stone through Phoenixville
Author: boejoe

Nice.  I think I see the former Phoenixville station (Reading Co) in distance.  I wonder if the cars were empty and headed to the stone quarries further up the line for loading.

Date: 08/10/19 04:16

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice.  I think I see the former Phoenixville
> station (Reading Co) in distance.  I wonder if
> the cars were empty and headed to the stone
> quarries further up the line for loading.

correct on both accounts.  Empty train heading for Dyers Quarry in Birdsboro, PA, about 30 miles west of Phoenixville.

Date: 08/10/19 07:21
Author: King_Coal

Those cars all appear to retain Conrail paint? Neat. Where do they unload?

My angle from a galaxy long ago and far away.

Bob
Omaha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/19 07:22 by King_Coal.

Date: 08/10/19 09:19
Author: pal77

That’s pretty cool 100% Conrail consist 20yrs later. Pretty sure both 40e’s started out as CR SD50’s flexcoil trucks and all.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/10/19 14:30
Author: rhotond

The SD40E's  have been released from the east/west slope helper pool at Altoona as traffic is down 10%  and most (if not all) intermodal trains do not require helpers any more.  Helpers are only used on the eb coal drags and some Merchandise trains both ways.  We will see what happens with the coming surge in intermodal volume as christmas approaches.

r

Date: 08/10/19 17:36

There is currently a coal train(ran as 781 east bound), in Beesley's Point, NJ.  They are loading unused coal from a shut down power plant and eventually will take it west.  Hot topic of the fans in my area.  Anticipated symbol of this move is 780.   Very rare to see loaded coal go west.  781 ran with four units on the point, some discussion that they will split up the power and run with two DPU on the return run.  Time will tell....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/19 17:37 by VFPNSFAN.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds