Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > WNY&P update question

Date: 08/11/19 09:17
WNY&P update question
Author: dwatry

I’ll be in central NY in first week of September and contemplating extending a trip out to the WNY&P, but mainly interested in the Alcos. Anyone know if the big Centuries will still be running then? I’d likely be there on a Thursday or Friday.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/11/19 09:18
Re: WNY&P update question
Author: toledopatch

dwatry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’ll be in central NY in first week of September
> and contemplating extending a trip out to the
> WNY&P, but mainly interested in the Alcos. Anyone
> know if the big Centuries will still be running
> then? I’d likely be there on a Thursday or
> Friday.
>

I have been shown a photo of one of the GE replacements in transit. Don't know if more will be on the property by then, but it's dicey.

Date: 08/11/19 16:33
Author: Lackawanna484

How many GE replacements are expected to eventually make it to the WNY&P?

Date: 08/11/19 16:36
Author: DundasMP23

I would think it's a fairly safe bet some of the six axle MLWs will still be running in early September.  Only one AC6000 is repainted and heading for Olean.  By early September there may be one to two more.

Rob Smith
Hamilton, ON

Date: 08/11/19 17:25
Author: stlrailfan

WNYP # 6002 in St Louis today at TRRA yard. Will be handed off to NS for movement to NY.
                                                                                                                                         Mark

Date: 08/11/19 18:03

Awesome, so it's taken 10 days to go from Monett, MO to St. Louis, MO.  At this rate they'll be one AC6000 (AC4460CW) on the WNYP in early September.

Rob Smith
Hamilton, ON

Date: 08/11/19 18:05

There's a total of eight AC4460CW coming to the WNYP, six for service and two for parts. 

Rob Smith
Hamilton, ON

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds