Home Open Account Help 233 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > While I Was Clicking The Shutter.....

Date: 08/27/19 03:22
While I Was Clicking The Shutter.....
Author: NSSpike

… I had the video rolling too. 

NS / KCS OCS Inspection train at a couple of locations on the NS Alabama East End District August 22, 2019

And I'd be neglectful if I didn't take the time to THANK ALL who replied or sent private messages on my post capturing this trains run last week through East Alabama / West Georgia!!!
https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,4855288 

Thanks for stopping by and always be safe when out track side!!!

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/27/19 05:21
Re: While I Was Clicking The Shutter.....
Author: tomstp

Not a KCS fan but, everytime I see that train it just puts a "wow" in my day.

Date: 08/27/19 05:26
Author: jmbreitigan

Impressive video Phil, it complements your outstanding photos of this train.
John

Date: 08/27/19 08:18
Author: crescent

Very nice video Phil......

Date: 08/27/19 09:00
Author: Tominde

Wow is right.   That is a very impressive train.  Long.  How much brass is on board? 

Date: 08/27/19 10:30
Author: Ritzville

Thanks for a really NICE video of a great looking train.

Larry

Date: 08/27/19 13:36
Author: The-late-EMD

Maybe ns and kcs are talking merger!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/28/19 14:27
Author: Vicksburg_Route

Congratulations on the Video of the Day.  Well deserved.

Date: 08/28/19 14:43
Author: Vicksburg_Route

The-late-EMD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe ns and kcs are talking merger!
>
> Posted from iPhone

It is my opinion that the Mexican Albatross around KCS's neck will prevent anyone from buying KCS outright any time soon.  When KCS spent over $1 Billion for the northeastern Mexico lines when they were privatized, those of us that were expecting KCS to become part of a larger system quickly reaized that the purchase was a poision pill to discourage other railroads from purchasing KCS.  Since KCS is exempt from the revised STB Merger and Acquisition Rules implemeted after the UP-SP Merger, the KCS can be merged into or purchased by a larger system without all the reviews that would be required by the revised merger rules.  KCS is more valiable in pieces than as a whole.  I can see NS being interested in the Dallas to Meridian line, but I don't know what their interest would be in other portions of the KCS.  Personally, I've come to the conclusion that KCS won't be purchased or merged as a whole until the Mexico portion is viewed as an asset, rather than a liability.  I doubt we will see KCS vanish, or thrive, any time in the near-term, or even long-term future, but with today's business climate, who knows?   Just another tidbit for consideration - When NS and KCS signed The Meridian Speedway LLC Agreement in 2006, they were expecting 45 trains daily between Meridian, Mississippi and Shreveport, Louisiana.  Today, we have, at best, 12 trains daily across the Meridian - Shreveport, 8 of which belong to Norfolk Southern.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0422 seconds