Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Delmarva Crossroads

Date: 09/11/19 09:53
Delmarva Crossroads
Author: cr2581

No pun intended but noteworthy none the less.  DCR's HA-1 transfer freight heads south past the recently restored cross monument at the Wyoming Methodist Church in Wyoming, DE.  While traditional wayside props continue to disappear as today's railroads modernize, its always refreshing to see something like this appear near the right of way.

Enjoy !

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/19 09:55 by cr2581.

Date: 09/11/19 12:47
Re: Delmarva Crossroads
Author: Tominde

Very nice.  

Has the interchange/exchange at Clayton changed time or location now that NS no longer comes out of Chrysler Newark?  

Date: 09/11/19 13:00
Author: bobk

Nice shot!

Date: 09/11/19 13:48
Author: ClubCar

I agree 100% and only wish that our society would allow more crosses to thank our Creator.  Very nice photo, thanks for sharing with all of us.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 09/11/19 13:50
Author: PRR1361

I have heard unofficially that DCL has been granted trackage rights into Chrysler yard to make their own pickups and drops, so as to not have to rely on NS's "whenever we feel like it" PSR schedule.

Date: 09/11/19 14:26
Author: cr2581

Interchange is presently coming out of Edgemoor Yard in Wilmington creating huge delays on most days - especially Monday.  It's supposed to shift back to Newark but not sure when.

Date: 09/11/19 15:32
Author: choodude

ClubCar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree 100% and only wish that our society would allow more crosses to thank our Creator.  Very nice photo, thanks for sharing with all of us. 

?

You are more than welcome to erect as many crosses as you would like on private property.

Brian

Date: 09/11/19 18:51
Author: CSX602

When our Country's forefathers - those guys who secured our independence and wrote our Bill of Rights 230+ years ago - spoke of the separation of church and state they were referring only to the state and federal governments - not smaller jurisdictions...  And thus those forefathers, no matter their religion (or lack thereof), thought it okay for counties and cities to erect such monuments, and funded several themselves.   They just did not want any state or the federal governement dictating one single religion (as they had seen with England).  Only in the modern era has there been a movement to apply the separation to lower levels of government.  And a reminder... as long as there are tests there will actually be prayers in school.

Date: 09/12/19 01:07
Author: wcamp1472

Wonderfully put...
” As long as there are tests...”

And, yes, the prohibition of government’s imposing laws regarding specifying which religions are allowed...
is a valid valuable right.  All religions are allowed to worship without undue government regulation
or ‘establishment’.
(Certain religious practices are allowed to be prohibited ...like human sacrifices, like polygamy...).

I prayed a lot, at “finals time”...

W.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/19 01:08 by wcamp1472.

Date: 09/12/19 06:11
Author: WM_1109

PRR1361 Wrote:
> I have heard unofficially that DCL has been
> granted trackage rights into Chrysler yard to make
> their own pickups and drops, so as to not have to
> rely on NS's "whenever we feel like it" PSR
> schedule.

Not likely, since DCLR no longer exisits. DCR perhaps.
/Ted

Date: 09/13/19 15:41
Author: ns1000

Nice pic!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0474 seconds