Home Open Account Help 324 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Philadelphia Subdivision grade crossing

Date: 10/03/19 04:34
CSX Philadelphia Subdivision grade crossing
Author: CSXperiment

I managed to fire off a few shots in the rain this morning. Something about the clouds and the rain that just make cooler photos.
This is the daily intermodal being led by CSX 3381 (ET44AH) with a DPU. The shots are a little blurry but I still like them.

Date: 10/03/19 04:40
Re: CSX Philadelphia Subdivision grade crossing

The grade crossing as I wait patiently, and the tail end of the intermodal. It's really difficult to get the shot with the FRED actually lit up... Cheers, have good day, thanks for looking.

Date: 10/03/19 12:00
Author: King_Coal

Pretty close to the old B&O Chesnut St station. Wish I'd seen that in action. You'd just about be at the end of the platforms IIRC.

Date: 10/03/19 17:55

King_Coal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pretty close to the old B&O Chesnut St station.
> Wish I'd seen that in action. You'd just about be
> at the end of the platforms IIRC.

I never knew there was an old B&O station... I'm sure that entire structure is completely gone by now

Date: 10/03/19 18:55
Author: raytc1944

Up until about 20 years ago there was part of the old passenger platforms in place.  There is an historical marker along the Schuylkill River train marking the location of the station.  The station was designed by the great architect Frank Furness who designed many buildings in the Philadelphia and Wilmington areas.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds