Home Open Account Help 398 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > 2 Very Very Fast CSX Freight Trains Through The Night

Date: 10/07/19 07:53
2 Very Very Fast CSX Freight Trains Through The Night
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Thought I would try something different. See a train at night. Both trains I saw Saturday October 5th, 2019 in Mentor Ohio. Well both these freights came only 16 minutes apart from one another. First was at 8:15PM & the other at 8:31PM.

Note the lead engine still in Bright Future YN2 & the 2 very large multi-axle low flatcars near the rear.
8:15PM - CSX eastbound freight train Q384 with 59 freight cars / 250+ axles, lead by screaming AC traction motors solo single GE General Electric - Bright Future YN2 AC4400CW #346.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/19 07:55 by cornerfieldhobby.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/07/19 08:02
Re: 2 Very Very Fast CSX Freight Trains Through The Night

8:31PM = Very fast 60MPH CSX eastbound freight train Q388 with 70 freight cars / 292 axles, lead by screaming AC traction motors GE General Electric - YN3b ES44AH & mid DPU Distributed Power Unit ES44AH.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/07/19 12:03
Author: refarkas

Considering how little light there was, these came out good.
Bob

Date: 10/07/19 15:59

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Considering how little light there was, these came
> out good.
> Bob

Bob, thank you!! Yea, this is the old Heisely Road crossing. They have a gaurdrail at the end of the old road, but you can get the great night light from the streelights.

Date: 10/09/19 09:02
Author: FloridaTrainGuy

I didn't see any reflectors on that train.  Thought they would be more noticeable.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0542 seconds