Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Keystone Viaduct Stylized

Date: 10/12/19 22:54
Keystone Viaduct Stylized
Author: Cumberland

Here's my Adobe Illustrator digital rendition of the former Western Maryland Railway's Keystone Viaduct, now part of the Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) Rails to Trail's Trail.

Producing this illustration took just over one hundred hours. Making images portray the autumn season can be very tricky, when it comes to making sure the the train is the key focal point, especially when using this medium. It is very easy to exacturate the amount of high-saturation, countless number of colors in the surrounding foliage, using any type of visual fine art, outweighing the portion you the artist want your viewers to see first. At the sametime, the Allegheny Highlands has a reputation for its bright, vivid fall color, and you want to capture that as much as possible.

Unlike past illustrations, I first presented this work on the TO's Nostalgia & History Forum, since it depicts a scene that may have taken place back in the early 1970s.

You can see all of my railroad-related artworks @ www.matthewjablonski.com/color-on-the-rails.html.

Matthew

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/19 23:12 by Cumberland.

Date: 10/13/19 05:00
Re: Keystone Viaduct Stylized
Author: ns1000

Nice work!!

Date: 10/13/19 09:55
Author: DivergingClear

Your work is awesome!  You struck an amazing balance between train and foliage.  Thanks for sharing.

Date: 10/13/19 10:33
Author: Chessie

Gorgeous work!

Date: 10/13/19 11:05
Author: Cumberland

Thanks for the compliments!

I wish I could present it to you from the native format (Adobe Illustrator) because it would not be over-saturated. Saturation alteration occurs when I change it to raster-formatting [vs. vector], to make it uploadable for this website. The reds, in perticular, are especially affected during this compression process. The entire image is less-saturated when printed.

Matthew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds