Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > What to do on a Tuesday starting out from Cincinnati Ohio?

Date: 10/13/19 20:31
What to do on a Tuesday starting out from Cincinnati Ohio?
Author: tq-07fan

My friend needed me to work for him on a Run-Trade Friday so I am now off this Tuesday. I am thinking that if I drag my arse out of bed I should go look at the Cincinnati East Terminal if they are still operating on Tuesdays. Anyone else think of anything that would be unique to Tuesday only operation within a couple hours of Cincinnati that I am missing?

Jim

Date: 10/14/19 06:00
Re: What to do on a Tuesday starting out from Cincinnati Ohio?
Author: MEKoch

Ride their light rail line downtown.  Northend of the line has a neighborhood of nice bars and restaurants.

Visit Cincinnati Union Terminal which has or is almost completely renovated.  

Date: 10/14/19 14:06
Author: scraphauler

Cincinnati Eastern (officially CCET LLC, no longer goes by Cincinnati East Terminal) will be running tomorrow. Big slug of traffic that came in off NS over weekend sitting in East end of Ancor Pass between Broadwell and Mt Carmel roads. A lot of that will go up hill to Afton yard tomorrow plus there are Seversl gons for scrap dealer in Macon OH in cut so probably running out to Macon or Winchester tomorrow. Power should be B36-7 #5758 and SD45-2 #332

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/14/19 18:47
Author: L231

Don't forget to get some Skyline Chili?

Date: 10/18/19 18:59
Author: tq-07fan

Hello all

Thank you Scraphauler for the information. Metro actually gave my friend the days off he requested so I ended not doing the run trade as I had expected. Instead I took ME Koch's idea heavily modified and improved it. I really don't have a reason to ride the Cincinnati Streetcar so I haven't yet. Early this morning I put the Railfanning Vehicle in the shop and took the Metro Rt 23 up to Tri-County Mall where I boarded the Butler County Regional transit buses to go all the way up to Oxford Ohio. In Oxford I rode all the BCRTA routes that are operated for Miami University, bonus was today they were free because it was family days there at the university. I stopped in and got two Toasted Rolls before riding the BCRTA over to Middletown then on down to Hamilton and on back to Tri-County. By the time I got to the Honda Place they had just washed my car, even with a 175k plus miles on it and parked it so the day timed out perfectly. Riding the loop on BCRTA has been something I have been wanting to do for quite some time but the weather, the day off and most important the idea had never came together on the same day so this post actually ended up resulting in a really enjoyable day although nothing like what was proposed here.
1) I though about doing a Caption this for this shot of the Hamilton Belt Line at Main and Cereal St in Hamilton.
2) Toasted Roll, butter, cinnamon and powdered sugar in and on a sweet roll. Yes, it was delicious!
3)  I had ten minutes to transfer between buses in Hamilton which is more than enough time to see at least one train.

Thank You for looking!

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0607 seconds