Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Longer Trains in Toledo (PSR?)

Date: 11/04/19 23:17
Longer Trains in Toledo (PSR?)
Author: Bandito

Date: 11/05/19 07:50
Re: Longer Trains in Toledo (PSR?)
Author: joemvcnj

If these longer trains are spending more time blocking public grade crossings, then perhaps Class I property taxes should be hiked out of their PSR wealth enrichment. 

Date: 11/05/19 13:53
Author: Dick

Yess the trains are longer but there are fewer of them.  Preliminary estimates from my 24 hour shoot on the NS Chicago Line in northern Indiana in October - from 60 - 65 trains in 24 hours a few years ago  to around 50.
Dick Eisfeller

Date: 11/05/19 14:55
Author: toledopatch

Dick Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yess the trains are longer but there are fewer of
> them.  Preliminary estimates from my 24 hour
> shoot on the NS Chicago Line in northern Indiana
> in October - from 60 - 65 trains in 24 hours a
> few years ago  to around 50.

That's certainly true on the main line. But on the track through this particular neighborhood, the only thing that has changed is that the train that used to be the daily 30-to-40-car transfer between Evans and Airline yards is now a monster freight that ties up all the crossings for at least 30 to 60 minutes at a time almost every morning.

Date: 11/05/19 17:22
Author: ironmtn

Bandito Wrote:

> Good write-up (as always) from Mr. Patch on the
> Toledo Blade.

Second that motion. Well done article, with solid, factual reporting. Not many media sources today would take care to so carefully and cogently explain the railroad operating changes that are causing the problem. No PSR jargon, no axes grinding, no hyperventilating talking head. Just good, straight reporting. As it should be, and so seldom is these days. Wonder what the response was from the NS PR desk?

Date: 11/06/19 06:05
Author: ns1000

ironmtn Wrote:
 Wonder what the response was
> from the NS PR desk?

Do you think they REALLY care...??!! 

Date: 11/06/19 15:11
Author: ironmtn

ns1000 Wrote:
> ironmtn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>  Wonder what the response was
> > from the NS PR desk?
>
> Do you think they REALLY care...??!! 

I don't know if they do or not. Maybe you know, I do not. But typically, a story like this in an important regional media outlet will draw a response from the company. That's what PR people are supposed to do, whether the corporation they represent cares about the issue or not. There is at least one former railroad PR person on this board. I tend to think he would agree with me.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0409 seconds