Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Just visiting . . .

Date: 11/20/19 17:25
Just visiting . . .
Author: 3rdswitch

.   .   .   arrived New Orleans this afternoon to pick up the grand girls for a Thanksgiving week visit. On approach to Louis Armstrong airport noticed a northbound CN train out of the former Geismer yard located between Baton Rouge and New Orleans on the River main. After picking up the rental car headed straight for the junction with the main to Chicago and saw he had already arrived and was waiting for the "City" at the end of double track. He started moving immediately after the arrival of number 59 so I headed north catching an empty coal train first that was right on his block passing under the I-315 just west of Kenner, LA, (top) then headed for the drawbridge at Manchac catching up to the first train (middle) then waited for the coal empty know he would have a single DP bringing up the rear (bottom). Not much track access between Kenner and Manchac thus the out of order shots. I planned on a couple of days of fanning around the Crescent City before heading on up to MS to pick up the girls. Not a bad start.
JB

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/19 17:28 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 11/21/19 04:23
Re: Just visiting . . .
Author: jmbreitigan

Your third photo is a winner.
John

Date: 11/21/19 13:56
Re: Just visiting . . .
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.04 seconds