Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS 39G`s Reading Pick-up?

Date: 11/27/19 16:27
NS 39G`s Reading Pick-up?
Author: globalethanol

Saw the NS 39G heading west on the Curve Cam this morning with what looked like a headend out of Reading followed by a TIER4 DPU and the rear end with cars out of Camden.
Just wondering how they do the pickup. Come into town at Walnut, make a cut and back in from Center? Or go out to Wyomissing, make a cut and pickup off the high line between Wyomissing and Center? Or make a
cut at Wyomissing and back all the way into Spring St. and bring the pickup back out. I can`t believe that a train that size wouldn`t block Franklin St. if it came right into Walnut. Also I was wondering where the steel slabs 
that made up 60N in the past are now added to 39G? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom

Date: 12/01/19 07:00
Re: NS 39G`s Reading Pick-up?
Author: Gonut1

The steel slabs still originate in Pavonia Yard, Camden, just not a dedicated train. I don't have a clue what they do at Reading. I didn't think they worked anywhere other than Abrams?
Go

Date: 12/01/19 12:22
Re: NS 39G`s Reading Pick-up?
Author: RDG5308

I’ve seen them on several occasions pull out the high line towards Wyomissing and then back the entire train in towards the yard to work the pickups from Spring Street. They actually do the whole pickup fairly quickly.  I happened to see one two Saturdays ago heading towards Reading with slabs head out followed by the DPU’s and then general freight. The slabs were picked up at Stowe yard in Pottstown. My radio cut out at the point they were instructing the crew what tracks to pick up in Reading and where it should go relative to the DPU’s.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/19 12:28 by RDG5308.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0339 seconds