Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Up Saratoga Springs Way

Date: 11/30/19 17:49
Up Saratoga Springs Way
Author: train1275

A very bad day railfanning, spent 8 hours out there and these are the result. Bad timing, bad luck and just not being able to salvage much from it.

1. Amtrak 69 comes into Saratoga with the 105 leading. This is the Adirondack from New York City to Montreal.

2. "And they're off !" - Well it is Saratoga Springs, Home of Thoroughbred Horse Racing. Passengers dash for Amtrak Train 292 the Ethan Allen from Rutland, VT to New York City as if it were a commuter train with a 15 second pause. Amtrak 700 in Empire Service livery leads the way.

3. After hours of trying to figure out where CP Train 252 was at and a number of false leads and chases it finally showed at Saratoga Springs at a bad moment of prepardness and lighting and moving much faster than anticipated. This was it ..... hours and hours and miles and a bit of a disappointment. Getting late now and a 2 hour drive back home.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/19 17:52 by train1275.

Date: 12/01/19 03:55
Re: Up Saratoga Springs Way
Author: KimHeusel

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. I know you were hoping for more, but I have been in the same position many times. These are pretty good pictures. Really like the Ethan Allen shot and all the passengers heading for the train.

Kim Heusel

Date: 12/01/19 05:57
Author: aehouse

D&H train 34, the southbound Laurentian, at Saratoga Springs in October 1970--a mere 49 years ago.

My photo.

Art House
Gettysburg, Pa.

Date: 12/01/19 06:47
Author: march_hare

KimHeusel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. I know you were
> hoping for more, but I have been in the same
> position many times. These are pretty good
> pictures. Really like the Ethan Allen shot and all
> the passengers heading for the train.
>
> Kim Heusel

Agree totally. Crop that image a bit tighter, concentrate on the crowd and you have a shot that says “Thanksgiving Rush”

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds