Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Advice for Chasing the Dover & Rockaway River Toys for Tots Train

Date: 12/01/19 10:50
Advice for Chasing the Dover & Rockaway River Toys for Tots Train
Author: Passfanatic

This coming Saturday, a friend and I are going to chase, donate gifts to, and photograph the Dover & Rockaway River RR Toys for Tots train. We hope to get it at all of the stops it will be making. Where are the best spots to get photographs of the trains, especially on the Washington Secondary? Thanks.

Date: 12/01/19 14:20
Re: Advice for Chasing the Dover & Rockaway River Toys for Tots T
Author: Pattenburg

Passfanatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This coming Saturday, a friend and I are going to
> chase, donate gifts to, and photograph the Dover &
> Rockaway River RR Toys for Tots train. We hope to
> get it at all of the stops it will be making.
> Where are the best spots to get photographs of the
> trains, especially on the Washington Secondary?
> Thanks.
Don't you mean the Dover & Delaware River Toys for Tots train? If that is the case Port Murray is a good location since it is one of the stops, at 11:55AM, and has a wide open area to shoot in. The first photo was taken at Port Murray with NS's H02 heading towards Phillipsburg. In that second photo that location is at Airport Road (WASS MP 57) which is east of Port Murray. That location should give you a wide open area to shoot from. If I recall Railpace also had a recent two parter on the Washington Secondary that would serve as a reference to various locations along this line. Good luck with your chase!

Date: 12/01/19 14:38
Re: Advice for Chasing the Dover & Rockaway River Toys for Tots T
Author: Passfanatic

Yes, several months ago, there was an issue of Railpace that discusses a tour of the Washington Secondary. It will be interesting stopping in Pt. Murray. It's a good question to see where the engine will be spotted in relation to where the station building and overpass is.
So far, our agenda, down to Pt. Murray,  has us stopping in Rockaway, somewhere in Dover, Hackettstown, either the NJT Station or somewhere along Rt. 46, maybe Airport Rd, and likely Pt. Murray. I know that the speed limit on the Washington Secondary is slow and hopefully we will be able to get the train in multiple spots in a row between the actual stops.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0406 seconds