Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lackawanna heritage unit visits Florida

Date: 01/09/20 05:12
Lackawanna heritage unit visits Florida
Author: RFandPFan

Yesterday's NS 209 (Atlanta to Jacksonville-FEC) with the Lackawanna unit in the lead at Crawford, Florida.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/09/20 10:55
Re: Lackawanna heritage unit visits Florida
Author: Lackawanna484

Very nice.

Lots of baretables behind the power.  FEC has also been moving baretables north.  I wonder if Jacksonville is anticipating a lot more incoming ship containers?

Date: 01/09/20 14:14

Lackawanna484 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Very nice.
>
> Lots of baretables behind the power.  FEC has
> also been moving baretables north.  I wonder if
> Jacksonville is anticipating a lot more incoming
> ship containers?

Good point, interestingly I haven't seen bare tables on this train in the past, so this was a surprise.  NS 209 and 229 are almost always fully loaded trains for the FEC.

Date: 01/11/20 06:28
Author: SpeederDriver

Curious....  what railroad previously owned this line?

Date: 01/11/20 07:23

SpeederDriver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Curious....  what railroad previously owned this
> line?

Southern

Date: 01/11/20 12:28
Author: ClubCar

Speaking of "Bare Tables,"  I wonder why these railroads put those empty cars in the front or middle of a freight train as this to me is dumb, especially if the train goes into emergency and all the loaded cars push against the empty ones, especially going around a curve.  The danger is the heavy loaded cars will definitely not stop as quickly and the pushing against the empty cars can easily cause a derailment which could be major depending on the train size.  These railroads are taking a tremendous risk in my mind, all to save a few bucks of not having to switch cars around.  I pray it does not happen, but when a major derailment causes injuries or a death, then they will make the changes.  This is sad.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds