Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Question on CSX Indianapolis Line sub train

Date: 01/12/20 13:43
Question on CSX Indianapolis Line sub train
Author: Dick

On 10/10/2019 eastbound Q292 through Union City, on the OH/IN border had a mix of empty autos, a few manifest cars, and 29 UMAX, CSX, and Schneider National containers along with a few MSC and leased marine containers on it in addition to the empty autos.  This train, a PSR example of adding other traffic to a scheduled auto train, is supposed to run from East St. Louis to Connellsville, PA.  My question is where did the containers from from - East St. Louis or Indianapolis?, and where are they going.  Also, when CSX dropped the Schneider National trains from Marion, OH to KCS at East St. Louis, where did that Schneider traffic go - to the highway or to another intermodal ramp.
Thanks,
Dick Eisfeller

Date: 01/12/20 16:51
Re: Question on CSX Indianapolis Line sub train
Author: ERAD

CSX really screwed up on the Marion traffic. 7 days a week 10,000+ feet every day. 2 originating trains. They didn"t have to do anything but supply the engines and crew. Now nothing intermodal out of there.  

Date: 01/12/20 16:54
Author: mkerner

Q292 carried a lot of containers out of East St Louis. It has since been resymboled Q348. Schneider still ramps at East st Louis and some come off KCS also . KCS runs a Kansas City to East St Louis combined pig and Louis frieght train
Michael t Kerner
Collinsville, IL

Posted from Android

Date: 01/12/20 17:22
Author: farmer

ERAD Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CSX really screwed up on the Marion traffic. 7
> days a week 10,000+ feet every day. 2 originating
> trains. They didn"t have to do anything but
> supply the engines and crew. Now nothing
> intermodal out of there.  

Terminal wasn’t owned by CSX and that is where CSX had a issue. Terminal is still open although.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/13/20 05:59
Author: Dick

When I videotaped along the CSX Indianapolis Line sub in October CSX also ran a Q348 although it was a really short train on that day.  So has Q292 been combined with Q348 since I was along tht line in October.
Thanks for the comments,
Dick Eisfeller

Date: 01/14/20 07:18
Author: IU_Tower

I'd heard that CSX is in the process of reopening the intermodal ramp in Avon. Don't know if it's done now or not. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds