Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS H-Line New Siding at Elkton VA

Date: 01/17/20 08:19
NS H-Line New Siding at Elkton VA
Author: ssomers_pwc

I just discovered from Google Maps satellite and roadway views that there's an apparent recently constructed siding track along the H Line just south of Elkton, VA.  At both ends of which are new control points.  I do not live anywhere near this location.  Would someone who knows please advise the names of these new control points. (Not enough resolution in the pictures to read the control point name signs)  Also, if known, about when this siding went into service.  Thanks.  SS  

Date: 01/17/20 09:49
Re: NS H-Line New Siding at Elkton VA
Author: WM_1109

Are you referring to Stonewall (H115.4) and Island Ford (H118.2)?  I'm only guessing, since I'm not sure "just" how far south of Elkton you're talking about. I don't think these control points are exactly "new" though.
/Ted

Date: 01/17/20 10:02
Author: bigsavage

Theowhitey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you referring to Stonewall (H115.4) and Island
> Ford (H118.2)?  I'm only guessing, since I'm not
> sure "just" how far south of Elkton you're talking
> about. I don't think these control points are
> exactly "new" though.
> /Ted
This is the one right by the COORS facility, which appears to make switching the plant easier than fouling the main.

Date: 01/17/20 10:08

Yes.  That would be it.  I was referring to the new (more or less) siding there by the Coors plant.  Stonewall and Island Ford would be it.  It's new to me at least.  I haven't been by there for several years.  Thank you both so very much for clearing me up on that.   - SS

Date: 01/17/20 14:41
Author: Jimbo

It's been there for a few years.  Hopefully someone can come up with when it was opened.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/20 14:42 by Jimbo.

Date: 01/18/20 07:53
Author: gcw

Jimbo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's been there for a few years.  Hopefully
> someone can come up with when it was opened.

I remember them working on it in the 2012 timeframe, can't say exactly when it became active.

Date: 01/18/20 20:38

Wow.  I didn't realize it had been that long since I've been through there last.  ...And from the photos on line, it didn't look like it had been there that long.  But then, I don't know for when the pics were taken.  Thanks again to all for helping me out with this.  I'll update my old track chart accordingly.  - SS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0659 seconds