Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Wall Street wish list????

Date: 02/03/20 08:04
Wall Street wish list????
Author: The-late-EMD

Is U.P. and CSX talking merger?

Posted from Android

Date: 02/03/20 08:17
Re: Wall Street wish list????
Author: aehouse

No such reports on railroad news media.  Where did you hear this?

Date: 02/03/20 09:21
Author: choodude

Just look for a company you can buy up, strip out the assets like "over funded" employee pension plans or real estate, load up with debt and jettison -- complete with tax breaks to boot.

That's not even getting into the pump and dump scam that is Precision Scheduled Railroading.

Brian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/20 09:26 by choodude.

Date: 02/03/20 09:35
Author: green

Somebody started this website back in Nov. It had some railroaders rattled

http://upcsx.com/

Posted from Android

Date: 02/03/20 10:37
Author: ns1000

I realize sense isn't so "common" anymore, but that's think about this...

All other arguments aside, is something like this REALLY going to happen ANYTIME SOON..??!!

Posted from Android

Date: 02/03/20 11:04
Author: flarails882

What going to be the diffrence if they do merge?  very little to nothing

unless thing things have changed, I believe it is still illegal for railroad to merge.

Date: 02/03/20 11:36
Author: emd_mrs1

flarails882 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What going to be the diffrence if they do merge? 
>

Those at the top and the rich make out like bandits.

Every one else loses.

Based on this situation, it will likely happen.

Michael

Date: 02/03/20 12:37
Author: Vicksburg_Route

KCS is exempt from the merger and acquisition rules issued by the STB after the UP+SP problems.  Normally, I would expect KCS to be the next flag to fall because the acquisition process would be easier and the pricetag would be smaller.  However, the Mexican Albatross around the KCS's neck is the poision pill that will keep prospective buyers at bay.  If any railroad has an interest in KCS it would likely be CP.  It would be an end to end merger and would create a true north-south transcon and North American carrier with virtually no duplicated routes.  Selling the Dallas to Meridian, MS mainline as well as the rest of the KCS tracks in Mississippi would bring in some cash.  Adding KCS to the CP map would give CP acquisition to refineries for all that Bakken crude as well as several ports on the Gulf of Mexico for exporting grain.

Date: 02/03/20 13:05
Author: mully

I doubt the feds would ever approve a merger like that it would create a monopoly, anything can happen but I would be surprised

IMHO
Gary

Date: 02/04/20 04:15
Author: Mojacket

There are numerous obstacles to this happening. One, the debt that UP would have to swallow to buy CSX would negate any benefit. Two, shippers and every other railroad would be totally against it. Three, the STB would balk.

At this moment, there isn't much benefit to merging companies. Everyone is doing PSR, so the efficiencies are already built in.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0488 seconds