Home Open Account Help 336 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > AAR Railroad Achievement Award

Date: 02/04/20 12:32
AAR Railroad Achievement Award
Author: Westbound

Today GoRail announced the following. As a Californian and retired railroader I am sorry no one in my own state was worthy of the award.

CHARLESTON, SC  – U.S. Congressman James E Clyburn, the Majority Whip in the House of Representatives, yesterday received the Railroad Achievement Award in his district, SC-6. Presented by the Assocation of American Railroads,and GoRail, the industry honored Rep. Clyburn for his longstanding leadership on surface transportation issues, including matters that directly and indirectly affect both freight and passenger railroads in South Carolina and across the nation.Eleven railroads operate today in the Palmetto State across roughly 2,500 miles of track, collectively terminating 27.7 million tons of freight in the state in 2017 alone. Class I railroads CSX and Norfolk Southern maintain a significant presence in Rep. Clyburn’s district and continue to work with transportation stakeholders to increase freight capacity at the Port of Charleston. Rep. Clyburn’s has been paramount throughout. AAR president and CEO Julian Jefferies presented Rep. Clyburn with the award at the North Charleston Intermodal Transportation Center.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/20 12:34 by Westbound.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds