Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Waiting for train..

Date: 02/07/20 05:56
Waiting for train..
Author: wishram

or rather for my car to get a 30,000 mile checkup in Somersworth, NH, I took advantage of a dealer loaner to poke around the area on February 4.

Here are 3 shots are of the NH Northcoast rolling north through Somersworth, across the river from Berwick, Maine, with a train load of empty sand cars reurning to the pit at Ossipee, plus a dozen or so propane cars, and one car of rebar for transload.

Date: 02/07/20 06:06
Re: Waiting for train..
Author: jeffm238

Great shots, always love the New England scenery.

Jeff M.

Date: 02/07/20 06:10
Waiting for train.. part 2

As I still have not figured out how to post more than 3 images (please chime in to tell me where it is covered on the site), I'll continue here with a few more from Dover and Rollinsford, NH, on February 4, this time of Pan Am train AYPO crossing the Cocheco River at Dover, just west of the Amtrak station ("Dover Transportation Center"), DO-1 waiting for the light to head to Portland at the east end of the yard, and rushing through Rollinsford, a few miles up the line.

Date: 02/07/20 06:20
Re: Waiting for train.. part 2
Author: KimHeusel

wishram Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As I still have not figured out how to post more
> than 3 images (please chime in to tell me where it
> is covered on the site), I'll continue here with a
> few more from Dover and Rollinsford, NH, on
> February 4, this time of Pan Am train AYPO
> crossing the Cocheco River at Dover, just west of
> the Amtrak station ("Dover Transportation
> Center"), DO-1 waiting for the light to head to
> Portland at the east end of the yard, and rushing
> through Rollinsford, a few miles up the line.

Great shots of an area I've never visited. As for positing more than three images, you can't post more than 3 in one post. If you want to continue, just reply to your own first post and then add more images in your reply. Hope that's clear. Looking forward to more of your pictures.

Kim Heusel

Date: 02/07/20 06:22

Thanks, it was the "reply" part I was missing.  Much appreciate.

Date: 02/07/20 07:56
Author: robbie

Love the reflection in photo #3! I’ve also never gotten up that way, but would live to someday... beautiful scenery in so much of northern New England, and I forget that there is interesting rail action as well.

Though in purely personal grumping as I know it’s fiscally pointless for both the railroad and local taxpayers, but couldn’t the folks who replaced that retaining wall section have tried to hide it a bit better? Alongside all that beautiful old stone, the concrete block is just unfortunate! ;)

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/07/20 10:37
Author: VFPNSFAN

Love these, very nice!

Date: 02/07/20 11:00
Re: Waiting for train..
Author: refarkas

Photo three is a first-class reflection image.
Bob

Date: 02/07/20 11:03
Author: sums007

Nice pictures from my childhood area!  Picture #2 has a signal you don't see in too many places:  it's blue, and it indicates that there's a track between the signal mast and the track for which the interlocking signal governs movements.  For those in the area, you'd probably know there's another one at the south end of Lawrence [MA] yard.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0454 seconds