Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Busy 15 minutes on the Indy Line.

Date: 02/22/20 09:48
Busy 15 minutes on the Indy Line.
Author: howeld

On way home I stopped by Sidney, Ohio to see a train.  Short on time I noticed CP163 had both tracks lined for eastbounds.  Silent scanner told me I needed to go west if I wanted to see anything in the time I had.   About 10 miles west of Sidney the scanner started to come to life so I found a spot to pull over and wait. 
First train was Q364 with mid DPU.
A few miles west at the new CP178 I came across Q348 with some PSR stacks and racks.  I like the new green hoppers.  As soon as tail of Q348 comes into view Q008 makes an appearance on track 2.  
With Q008 on track 2 lined through to CP153 or even more likely CP138 to give Q364 a run at Bellefontaine Hill I knew that was going to be it for awhile and headed home. 

Thanks for looking.
Derek

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/22/20 12:07
Re: Busy 15 minutes on the Indy Line.
Author: MEKoch

They may have raced to Crestline, but somehow, somewhere, the dispatcher would have put Q008 in the lead.  

Date: 02/22/20 12:16
Re: Busy 15 minutes on the Indy Line.
Author: BruceStikkers

I saw a long string of the green hoppers just after Christmas on the TP&W ar Gilman, IL being delivered to the Soybean processing plant owned by Incobrasa Industries Inc. The cars most likely have soybean meal inside them. That is what remains after the oil is extracted and is used mostly for animal feed.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds