Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Unusual Delmarva Consist with a Heritage Unit

Date: 03/21/20 05:28
Unusual Delmarva Consist with a Heritage Unit
Author: cr2581

Yesterday's Clayton turn had a very unusual look. The pair of SD40s normally assigned to HA-1 was swapped with power off an inbound NS stone train at Harrington. The stone loads continued south to the H&K facility in Dagsboro behind the SD40s while HA-1 went north with DCR 2501,1561, NS 1073 and 9966.  After running in darkness for several weeks, the Penn Central heritage unit finally made a daylight appearance on Delmarva. It was interchanged at Clayton and K64 took it north to Chrysler Yard in Newark. These unusual moves were necessary because the Delmarva spine is now shut down till early next week for grade crossing replacement in Middletown, DE.  DCR promptly returned the NS power to avoid having it sit idle. The attached image was taken in North Dover.

Stay safe during these difficult times !

Date: 03/21/20 06:04
Re: Unusual Delmarva Consist with a Heritage Unit
Author: RDG630

Interesting lash up to say the least.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/21/20 07:11
Author: ClubCar

Thanks for the photo and you stay safe also.  I have one question:  Is the Delmarva Central operating down through Selbyville, Delaware?  Also, I remember reading that the line through Selbyville was to be rehabbed down to the Snow Hill, Maryland area for customers who wish to ship by rail.  For a number of years, there were tank cars being stored on this line below Bishop, Maryland.  I appreciate any updates about this line.  Thank you.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 03/21/20 09:22
Author: BKLJ611

Aside from the tank cars being removed in the area of Berlin/ Ocean Pines I haven’t seen any activity on the line.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds