Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Railfanning Before the Stay at Home Order

Date: 03/23/20 20:50
Railfanning Before the Stay at Home Order
Author: tq-07fan

OK, I am considered an essential employee since I drive a city bus. A Stay at Home Order began at 8 pm in Kentucky and will start in Ohio at 11:59 pm. I took my camera today because no one is completely sure what happens if you were to be caught railfanning. I started west on US 50 and my lucky guess was a good one as the empty Hona Train copied it's track warrant and started westbound.
1) The view from Southside Ave. I the background would have been the New York Central Riverside Yard.
2) Idaho Street. There is a crossover from CIND to CSX.
3) It's CGB but I can't remember of it is CGB Riverside or what. My friend who works at CGB thinks the silos at this facility are ugly. I think they are ugly too...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/20 20:56 by tq-07fan.

Date: 03/23/20 20:52
Re: Railfanning Before the Stay at Home Order

Because there is uncertainty about crossing the state border I went to Dixie Chili for lunch and went back for Dinner.
4) I knew that a Northbound was approaching Erlanger. I was eating my Three Way when the gates came down and I didn't have much time to react.
5) After work I went to Dixie Chili for a plain chili bowl. upon receiving my food and going to the Erlanger KY Southern Railway depot a set of pushers drifted past going down Erlanger Hill. I caught them on Sleepy Hollow.
6) Sadly the stupid trees have really overtaken this scene.

Date: 03/23/20 20:54

I drove down to nearby Ludlow.where NS 159 was coming across the Southern bridge across the Ohio River. NS 159 had eight units tonight. I was greatful to get action in Kentucky because with our state's Stay at Home Orders I doubt we will be allowed to go between the states without a good reason. 
7) I went back to Sleepy Hollow Trestle. 
8) This train was going slow up Erlanger Hill which made it easy to get ahead of.
9) NS 159 four large six axle units and four GP 38-2s.

Thank You For Looking!

Jim 

Date: 03/24/20 08:54
Author: Ohiorailfan

It's an outside activity. Remember you have rights. I for one will still railfan when I'm not working. It's outside and already socially distant. The amount of people who don't understand are stagering

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/20 09:08 by Ohiorailfan.

Date: 03/24/20 14:53
Author: MEKoch

Governor DeWine of Ohio said that outside activites are okay, keeping your 'social distance.'   He recommended going for walks.  Yes, golf courses are still open.  I went and worked in a railroad yard today for the ORHS, rebuilding track:  outdoor, safe, good air, good fellowship, ten ties replaced, spiked, gauged, etc.   Tomorrow I have an outdoor funeral with ten people.  And Thursday's weather looks good for more railroad track rebuilding.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0457 seconds