Home Open Account Help 298 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Spirits of the B&O in Ohio...

Date: 05/18/20 05:58
Spirits of the B&O in Ohio...
Author: BaltimoreOhio

My wife and I got out of the house this weekend and traced several B&O remnants throughout the Buckeye State.  On Saturday we started off in Athens (home of her alma mater, Ohio U).  Pic #1 shows the former B&O depot which has been saved (the bumper is sitting near what used to be tracks of the old Hocking Valley RR, the B&O mainline was on the other side of the depot).  In #2, Zaleski hasn't seen the SHENANDOAH or a trailer jet in a long, long time but you can still walk the trail through here.  The Parkersburg main line is still in-tact from Greenfield to Cincinnati, and in #3 we see the depot still standing (and apparently being preserved) in Leesburg.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/20 09:38 by BaltimoreOhio.

Date: 05/18/20 06:00
Re: Spirits of the B&O in Ohio...

On Sunday we ventured north.  In #4, Deshler is proud of its "crossroads" heritage.  Nos 5 and 6 show that the CPLs aren't quite done just yet.

Date: 05/18/20 06:02

In No.7 we have ventured south to Ottawa where the depot still stands.  In No. 8 is a mural depicting that depot in its glory days (my wife noticed the C1 Corvette but I noticed the high-water marks from whent he Blachard River has flooded over the years).  In No. 9, we caught a northbound crossing the PRR diamond in Lima

Date: 05/18/20 06:06

In no. 10 we see a northbound approaching Botkins.  No. 11 shows the reason for our stop here, as thanks to Heritage Units we knew the SPIRIT OF CINCINNATI would be passing through.  In No. 12 we see the summit of Botkins Hill, where the train will then start working its way downgrade into Wapakoneta.  Thanks for looking!

Date: 05/18/20 10:05
Author: King_Coal

Lots of good shots here, but five is a favourite.

Date: 05/18/20 13:27
Author: exopr

An interesting series.  Thanks!

Date: 05/18/20 15:51
Author: Ritzville

Really NICE and interesting series. Like the old signals!

​Larry

Date: 05/18/20 17:55
Author: GPutz

Thanks for the interesting tour.  Gerry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.063 seconds