Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A Coal Drag / Manifest Rare Meet At The North Austell X Overs

Date: 05/20/20 04:32
A Coal Drag / Manifest Rare Meet At The North Austell X Overs
Author: NSSpike

It isn't often that one captures anything other then a stack train running on the “run-around” track that skirts around the western edge of Norfolk Southern's Whitaker Yard in Austell Georgia. The “run around” track in effect provides double track from Inman Yard to the Powder Springs area on the North Atlanta “H” Main Line District. The south end of this line is primarily occupied with intermodal traffic between the two NS yards. I wasn't planning on even doing a video at the location I had set up, the north Austell X-overs but after hearing what was about to unfold I scrambled to do just that. 

The north bound empty coal drag with 135 RWSX coal hoppers is in the early stage of it's one way 1,803 mile trip back to the PRB. By looking closely at the RWSX coal hoppers in the video it is evident that the days of solid matched series by manufacture train sets are over. 58ft Trinity RDIV (Rapid Discharge 4) 93xxx, 94xxx 95xxx series & Thrall Super Avalanche 97xxx series along with the newer Johstown America and Trinity hoppers 23xxx series make up the coal hoppers in this consist. 

As stated above it is rare that a main line run through train takes the run-around track through Whitaker Yard thus the crew of south bound NS 371 had a question that gets answered in the early stages of this video.

Thanks for stopping by and always be safe when out track side!!!

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/20/20 06:55
Re: A Coal Drag / Manifest Rare Meet At The North Austell X Overs
Author: NSSpike

The Video opening title page is to short a view so I posted below. Don't do that many videos here and the vedio skill sets are a tad low!!
NSSpike

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/20 06:55 by NSSpike.

Date: 05/21/20 09:47
Re: A Coal Drag / Manifest Rare Meet At The North Austell X Overs
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice video Phil.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds