Author: calsubd

Green ,
Orange  meanings or no   TIA

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 05/23/20 17:34
Re: HUB Group container colors
Author: Mojacket

Green, Red, faded red, light blue/dark blue(cause containers), pink (cause container), I think that is it. A lot of the old red ones went to EMP. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/20 17:34 by Mojacket.

Date: 05/23/20 17:34
Author: Dewman45

If I recall the Hub Group containers where first orange when the company started up then when they merged with EMP they changed there colors to green.  Photo 1.was taken on Saturday the 16th of this month in Jacksonville, FL @ NS's Simpson Yard and photo 2 was at the same location on March 7th of this year. (I don't know why it keeps loading up side down.)

Posted from Android

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/20 17:45 by Dewman45.

Date: 05/23/20 18:37
Author: bnsf6606

You're correct.  The containers were not orange but rather a faded red as well as green, red, light blue & dark blue.  

Mojacket Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Green, Red, faded red, light blue/dark blue(cause
> containers), pink (cause container), I think that
> is it. A lot of the old red ones went to EMP. 

Date: 05/23/20 20:03
Author: wyeth

Dewman45 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I recall the Hub Group containers where first
> orange when the company started up then when they
> merged with EMP they changed there colors to
> green.  

Hub Group has been around a lot longer than from when they started having their own containers.  For many years, they were a primarily BNSF customer in the western US, but they used BNSF intermodal equipment.  When BNSF decided to get rid of their trailers and containers, and quit providing equipment for the customers, like Hub Group, they were now forced to purchase their own equipment.  Shortly after this happened, Hub Group went to the UP with their business.

I was unaware that Hub Group was somehow merged into EMP, or how that could happen?  EMP is the name for the multi-railroad container pool between these railroads (UP, NS, CP, KCS, maybe CN?), not a transportation company.

Date: 05/24/20 10:24
Author: zchcsse

I've seen some newer white Hub Group containers on the webcams recently.

-Tom

Date: 05/24/20 12:47
Author: bodkin6071

Blue "National Parks" container.

Date: 05/24/20 21:51
Author: Dick314

The white boxes are new reefers. 

Date: 05/25/20 00:03
Author: Seventyfive

wyeth Wrote:
> Hub Group has been around a lot longer than from when they started having their own containers. 

While working for a major shipper in NW Indiana, I gave tons of business to what was known as
Hub City Terminals in 1976.  It was a great privilege to have worked directly with the company's 
founder, Mr. Phil Yeager.  I cannot recall ever having worked with a finer person.  
Great to see what his company has become.  I get a kick out of seeing his containers 
once in a while on trains moving down the Oregon Trunk.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0403 seconds