Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Toyota honors CSX with logistics excellence award

Date: 06/27/20 22:12
Toyota honors CSX with logistics excellence award
Author: Nomad

"The award — the automaker's highest supplier honor — recognizes a Toyota service partner that best demonstrates combined excellence in quality, customer service, continuous improvement and on-time performance, CSX officials said in an announcement posted on social media."

https://www.progressiverailroading.com/csx_transportation/news/Toyota-honors-CSX-with-logistics-excellence-award--60839

Date: 06/28/20 11:48
Re: Toyota honors CSX with logistics excellence award
Author: RGTower

Is this “fake news”?

Date: 06/28/20 17:14
Author: callum_out

Wonder how much rate reduction that cost?

Out 

Date: 06/29/20 09:56
Author: ironmtn

Not "fake news", and not "bought" with a rate reduction....or whatever. Toyota does not give out awards like this frivolously. Having worked in relation to the automotive components supply business, I know from experience that Toyota is a demanding customer, with high standards. The quality they are known for is tightly and deeply engineered into their supply chain process, all the way into and through suppliers. They do not mess around when it comes to maintaining quality standards through every element and process in their supply chain. That would surely include rail transportation.

People here in my current hometown of Muskegon, Michigan, including neighbors of mine, know this too, from daily experience. The Kautex CWC Foundry here produces camshafts for Toyota vehicles built in North America. The folks I know who work there, who take great pride in their work and products, would be insulted if anyone suggested that Toyota could be "bought off" for an award like this. They work way too hard, and produce too good of a product for a demanding customer, to believe that any award from Toyota would be anything less than truly deserved.

Congratulations to CSX for winning this award. Great work in serving a top customer well.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan
Later edit for spelling and punctuation

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/20 14:34 by ironmtn.

Date: 06/29/20 11:57
Author: Lackawanna484

Congratulations to the people at CSX for earning this award. Toyota makes about two million cars in the US in 12 (12?) plants, so there's lots of parts and finished goods in the chain.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0375 seconds