Home Open Account Help 275 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Southern caboose correct red paint

Date: 06/29/20 08:48
Southern caboose correct red paint
Author: milwrd73

I want to find out the correct red color that was used to paint Southern Railway cobooses - steel bay window cabooses.. Can someone help me?
Also, I need the correct size and font for stenciling. Can someone direct me to a source for that?

Date: 06/29/20 09:48
Re: Southern caboose correct red paint
Author: overniteman

Blandon, Pennsylvania
November, 1988

Date: 06/29/20 09:51
Author: NKPSOUTHERN

Take a look at the Southern Railway Historical Society's web page via this link www.srha.net.  If you don't see what you're looking for send them an email.  They are more than happy to help find you the correct info from the archives.

Date: 06/29/20 13:44
Author: JETRR

I am fairly confident it is caboose red. 

Date: 06/29/20 14:02
Author: NSTopHat

"A good color match for the late(bright)red is Pollyscale "Caboose Red" #414128. For the steps, ladders, brake wheels and grabs Pollyscale "Reefer Yellow" #414122. For trucks, underframe use Pollyscale "Engine Black" #414290. For those "Local" units with the yellow bay windows use Pollyscale "CNW Yellow" #414191. Most painters agree that the bay window is slightly darker than the yellow used on the safety appliances."

Fom Sam McCall's website : http://www.hosam.com/srr/cabopnt.html

Russ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0257 seconds