Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Westbound Coal & DPU's on CSX Mountain Sub - 29 June 2020

Date: 06/30/20 09:59
Westbound Coal & DPU's on CSX Mountain Sub - 29 June 2020
Author: DTWilson

Three (3) locomotives on the headend, fifty five (55) loaded hoppers, two (2) locomotives on the rear ....

A 110 car train for the Chicago area loaded at the Leer mine. Due to a section of the normal routing being closed, CSX split the train into 55 car cuts and ran the first cut east over the Mountain Sub to Keyser, WV. The plan calledĀ  for the two 55 car cuts to be combined into a single train at Keyser hat would then go east to Cumberland and finally go back west to Chicago via Sand Patch.

Someone decided to change the routing and take the 110 cars down the Ohio River line instead.

So B772-29 would do the honors to return the first 55 car cut back to Grafton, WV....

DPU usage on the Mt. SubĀ  between Cumberland, MD and Grafton, WV.... extremely rare and only used by Q317 a few times.

Westbound loaded coal....... never seen that before.

Tim W.

Date: 06/30/20 15:22
Re: Westbound Coal & DPU's on CSX Mountain Sub - 29 June 2020
Author: Gonut1

Wow! I thought that was strange taking coal up the mountain!
Great post as always,
Thanks,
Go

Date: 06/30/20 18:41
Author: WM_1109

Westbound coal loads on the Mountain Sub. Kinda makes your brain hurt, doesn't it?
Nice coverage, Tim.
/Ted

Date: 07/01/20 14:08
Author: Roadjob

Now that is something I thought I'd never see....coal moving west from Keyser to Grafton. Good catch!

Bill Rettberg
Bel Air, MD

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds