Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Reading & Northern F Units & OCS from the sky

Date: 07/06/20 05:40
Reading & Northern F Units & OCS from the sky
Author: tehachapi-dave

This weekend the Reading & Northerns former Norfolk Southern F Units made their first mainline inspection trip across the system. Sunday the train returned south from Pittston to North Reading with the highlight being the crossing of their new bridge across the Lehigh River north of Jim Thorpe.
1: Passing yard power at Penobscot
2: Crossing the Lehigh River south of White Haven

Date: 07/06/20 05:41
Re: Reading & Northern F Units & OCS from the sky
Author: tehachapi-dave

3: Pulling onto the old CNJ bridge to allow the NRFF to pass
4: After NRFF's passing the OCS heads west towards home

Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out.  

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/20 13:04 by tehachapi-dave.

Date: 07/06/20 10:19
Author: pdt

The last  real railroad in this country.  Adding emphastructure,  increasing freight and passenger service, building new Railroad stations that look like RR structures,
not Amshaks.

Here in Paso Robles CA, about 20 years ago, with the resumption of the Coast Starlight stopping here (it was Ambusses only before that), the city built a brand new 1890's design RR station, clock tower and everything.  The old SP station and freight house were also kept and converted to retail space, but without any change to the buildings externally.  Its really kinda cool.

Just wondering if anyone else knows of any other newly built "traditional looking" train stations around the country.

Date: 07/06/20 15:32
Author: reel_smooth

Fabulous work. Picture #2 IOTD for me.

Date: 07/06/20 16:22
Author: ns1000

I like the last one!!

Date: 07/06/20 20:20
Author: EMD2024

I miss these F's. Used to get to run them on the road when they were RailCruise America green, gold and silver.

MWPerkins

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0346 seconds