Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Friendly Loram crew grinding main two at MP 24.5 HARL

Date: 07/08/20 19:52
Friendly Loram crew grinding main two at MP 24.5 HARL
Author: VFPNSFAN

Friendly engineer and hose man on the rear for today's East bound Loram Railgrinder.  Went down to NORRIS then East on the Morrisville line.  As of a few hours ago I believe still in Morrisville yard.  Never heard the horn before, unique to say the least.  

NS HARRISBURG LINE
MP 24.5
PHOENIXVILLE, PA
7/8/20

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/08/20 21:20
Re: Friendly Loram crew grinding main two at MP 24.5 HARL
Author: pdt

Thats the emergency, or stay clear siren.   They also have a more normal horn for grade crossings

Date: 07/08/20 22:48
Author: 8notch

My vote for VOTD!

Date: 07/09/20 05:17
Author: VFPNSFAN

pdt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thats the emergency, or stay clear siren.   They
> also have a more normal horn for grade crossings

I'm going to interpret this as extra special horn show then :-)

Thanks 8notch!

Date: 07/09/20 13:43
Author: hoggerdoug

What a dirty, dirty job to work.
Doug

Date: 07/09/20 17:46
Author: ns1000

Cool video!!

Date: 07/10/20 13:39
Author: grande_fan

How often do they need to fill up with water?

Posted from Android

Date: 07/11/20 06:18
Author: Apalachicola721

Daily. The train is outfitted with three, 25,000 gallon tank car’s which often on all of our grinders and depending on vegetation/ dryness- may require us to completely empty at night. A road master on BNSF on the machine I worked recently would empty the full 75,000 gallons out in 20 miles. Rain or no rain. An outside contractor from Arkansas provides a guy and a water truck to get a hydrant permit to tap local hydrants to fill up and run back and forth until the cars are finished. It usually takes around 8-10 hours or less, depending. Sometimes not much at all depending on if they are curve hopping or not.

I work for them on a grinder out west, but currently laid off. They are are a neat operation.

Mike Appleby

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/11/20 06:24
Author: goneon66

while in m.o.w., i caught the loram railrginder a few days.  it was a good gig spraying water on the hotspots from the rear platform..........

Date: 07/11/20 06:53
Author: dschlegel

Super neat video! I’ll never forget the first tome I saw this operation in the late 80’s and how impressive it was.

Listening to the Reading scanner feed this morning it sounds like the grinder is working in and around Reading. The 14G reported a fire around Titus about 9:30 also.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds