Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some Foreign Power in Georgetown KY

Date: 08/09/20 20:12
Some Foreign Power in Georgetown KY
Author: tq-07fan

Almost two months ago I went south to Georgetown Kentucky after work. I stopped at BoJangels' Chicken n' Biscuits and then went on to Lexington where I met a really nice railfan named Henry who was from Lexington. Like me Henry was out trackside frequently and he had noticed that all the foreign power had went away. I had noticed it but honestly I am kinda glad as it some days it was crazy seeing all Western roads in Ohio. This afternoon I again went to Georgetown and to BoJangels'. Here at 6:20 pm is a northbound covered hopper train, possibly empty potash, passing through Georgwtown Kentucky. This was one of the first times I've seen power from some other railway on the NS. The crossing is Maddox and the next crossing is Main Street approximately where the Frankfort and Cincinnati would have crossed.

Jim

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/20 20:15 by tq-07fan.

Date: 08/10/20 06:45
Re: Some Foreign Power in Georgetown KY
Author: BanJoe

Kudos on the photograph and the choice of Bojangles!

Date: 08/10/20 20:11
Author: kysouthern

I grew up about three blocks from the depot which sat at this location.  I rode my bike down to watch the trains come in.

Hubert

Date: 08/11/20 19:18
Author: tq-07fan

kysouthern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I grew up about three blocks from the depot which
> sat at this location.  I rode my bike down to
> watch the trains come in.
>
> Hubert

Cool! For being this close to Cincinnati I really haven't been down here much.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0501 seconds