Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Schlegel Traincamp 2020, Prince, WV Cardinal departure

Date: 09/11/20 14:20
Schlegel Traincamp 2020, Prince, WV Cardinal departure
Author: dschlegel

Each year my dad, brother, and I take a long weekend to watch trains. Usually it's someplace exotic like Cresson, PA, but this year my brother planned a trip to Virginia and West Virginia. We've been having a great time and tomorrow will ride the Cass Scenic. 

Anyway, here is the eastbound Cardinal leaving it's stop at Prince, WV (which has a very nice station for such a small town). As I pan to see the train go out of sight, you will see my dad (jim6300loco here on TO) and my brother (former TO member beer train). As can be seen we're having a good time!

Enjoy!

Dan

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/11/20 16:22
Re: Schlegel Traincamp 2020, Prince, WV Cardinal departure
Author: Pattenburg

Nice video!

Date: 09/11/20 18:53
Author: Gonut1

Great place to see trains.
Prince has that nice station as it was where travelors to Beckley, a large population center, could arrive and depart. Beckley was on top of the mountain with no mainline train service. Plenty of coal train service, just no through lines.
Thanks for the post,
Go

Date: 09/11/20 21:08
Author: wa4umr

It's been a few years since I was through Prince, but if I remember, you better have someone there to pick you up.  You're in a valley and anywhere you want to go is up-hill and I doubt if there are a bunch of Ubers running around that area.  That is a nice little station there.

John

Date: 09/12/20 05:31
Author: 41bridge

Gonut1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beckley was on top of the
> mountain with no mainline train service. Plenty of
> coal train service, just no through lines.

Beckley “was” on top?? It’s still there!

Date: 09/12/20 09:03
Author: rev66vette

Nice to see you and your family out there enjoying the hobby. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0253 seconds