Home Open Account Help 225 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Another Bridgeview break....


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 09/12/20 17:26
Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

Stopped back at The Bridgeview B&B for a couple nights this week.

Pic 1...A Westbound 23Z crosses the Rockville Bridge shortly after my arrival on Wednesday afternoon.

Pic 2...A Westbound 21M crosses the Rockville Bridge that same afternoon.

Pic 3...The Westbound Amtrak Pennsylvanian crosses Rockville Bridge that afternoon.

Dave W.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/20 07:17 by dwi189.








Date: 09/12/20 17:31
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

Pic 4..An NS 19G has plenty of power as it crosses the Rockville Bridge headed for Enola on Wednesday.

Pics 5 and 6...An SD40E and SD40-2 lead the Northumberland local across the bridge toward the Buffalo Line.

Dave W.








Date: 09/12/20 17:34
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

Pic 7....An NS 63V...loaded with NJ trash, works its way West across the Rockville Bridge.

Dave W.




Date: 09/12/20 17:38
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

Pic 8...Thursday's 19G had plenty of power as well.

Pic 9..The 19G approaches the Overview Bridge as an SD40E former Altoona helper set pauses its switching duties...Dave W






Date: 09/12/20 17:41
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

Pics 10 and 11...A couple more pics of the ex-Altoona helper set...now doing flat switching at Enola Yard this day...Dave W.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/20 17:52 by dwi189.






Date: 09/12/20 17:43
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

Pic 12...A cumulus cloud forms above the Blue Mountain ridge as a fisherman tries his luck in the Susquehanna River on Thursday evening...Dave W.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/20 17:51 by dwi189.




Date: 09/12/20 17:46
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

Pic 13...A full guest lot at the Bridgeview on Friday morning...Dave W




Date: 09/12/20 17:49
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

And finally,..Pic 14... The fisherman tries his luck again as the sun rises over the Susquehanna River on Friday morning.

Dave Williams



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/20 17:50 by dwi189.




Date: 09/12/20 20:18
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: ns2557

dwi189 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pic 12...A cumulus cloud forms above the Blue
> Mountain ridge as a fisherman tries his luck in
> the Susquehanna River on Thursday evening...Dave
> W.

Growing up in the area, just about 1 city block from the Hbg City Line and the Susquehana Twp line in North Habg I loved watching the Thunderstorms come down river and put on a great light show over the city. The road that leads to the old Iron Bridge at Enola's west end was a great place to watch them from, up on the hillside. This is a great shot. Thanks for "sparking" a memory with the shot.  Ben



Date: 09/12/20 21:31
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

ns2557 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dwi189 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Pic 12...A cumulus cloud forms above the Blue
> > Mountain ridge as a fisherman tries his luck in
> > the Susquehanna River on Thursday
> evening...Dave
> > W.
>
> Growing up in the area, just about 1 city block
> from the Hbg City Line and the Susquehana Twp line
> in North Habg I loved watching the Thunderstorms
> come down river and put on a great light show over
> the city. The road that leads to the old Iron
> Bridge at Enola's west end was a great place to
> watch them from, up on the hillside. This is a
> great shot. Thanks for "sparking" a memory with
> the shot.  Ben

That particular cell did indeed intensify and drifted downriver to Harrisburg.....Not a drop fell at The Bridgeview, but we could see the landscape to the South disappear in a veil of heavy rain.
Dave W.


 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/20 21:32 by dwi189.



Date: 09/13/20 05:00
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: jmbreitigan

Excellent series. I have a radio like the one in photo 2. Congratualtions on IOTD. I wonder if the fisherman got lucky ?
John



Date: 09/13/20 05:13
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: bigsavage

dwi189 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pic 13...A full guest lot at the Bridgeview on
> Friday morning...Dave W
No wonder I can't get in there!



Date: 09/13/20 05:34
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

jmbreitigan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Excellent series. I have a radio like the one in
> photo 2. Congratualtions on IOTD. I wonder if the
> fisherman got lucky ?
> John

Thanks....The fisherman was actually a guest at The Bridgeview and he did catch a few but he was doing catch and release.....Dave W.



Date: 09/13/20 05:38
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

bigsavage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dwi189 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Pic 13...A full guest lot at the Bridgeview on
> > Friday morning...Dave W
> No wonder I can't get in there!

Keith's bookings have been picking back up as people get back out traveling again...When I departed on Friday, Keith mentioned that he was booked full from Thursday night through Monday.
Dave W.

 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/20 05:40 by dwi189.



Date: 09/13/20 16:17
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: rkennedy2

Great pictures!



Date: 09/13/20 16:20
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

rkennedy2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great pictures!
Thanks....Dave W.



Date: 09/13/20 21:43
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: IC_2024

Excellent coverage — like the human interest, too!
This place looks awesome — glad to see he’s doing some business despite such a downturn thanks to the pandemic. Don’t they advertise in Trains magazine, too? Wouldn’t mind staying there myself someday!

Posted from iPhone



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/20 21:44 by IC_2024.



Date: 09/14/20 04:16
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

IC_2024 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Excellent coverage — like the human interest,
> too!
> This place looks awesome — glad to see he’s
> doing some business despite such a downturn thanks
> to the pandemic. Don’t they advertise in Trains
> magazine, too? Wouldn’t mind staying there
> myself someday!
>
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
I am not sure if they advertise in Trains Mag, ...They do advertise in Railpace and on Facebook.
His bookings took an upswing over the past month as more people are venturing out again.
I noticed a difference between this stay and a previous one a few weeks ago in regard to his business phone ringing much more frequently on this visit from people calling to make reservations.

Dave W.
 



Date: 09/14/20 15:39
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: bobk

Fantastic shots!



Date: 09/14/20 20:01
Re: Another Bridgeview break....
Author: dwi189

bobk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fantastic shots!
Thanks....Dave W.

 



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0754 seconds