Home Open Account Help 229 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Nashville and Eastern Operations

Date: 10/12/20 16:37
Nashville and Eastern Operations
Author: NormSchultze

Be in Nashville soon and I am interested in shooting the N&E now that it is RJCorman. Can someone post info on operations?
TIA
Norm

Date: 10/12/20 17:22
Re: Nashville and Eastern Operations
Author: baltimore

I was in Nashville last Sun, Mon and Tues. Nothing moving on Sunday. A few units sitting at Stanley St. yard in Nashville. Ran out to Lebanon and engine facility was gated.

Prior to Corman, N&E seemed to run a freight from Nashville to Lebanon and back between the morning and late afternoon commuter runs. That didn’t happen on Monday or Tuesday so it seems Corman has changed things.

Monday found Corman switching around Nashville with 2 crews. One ran up to work Old Hickory in the afternoon.

Tuesday found a rock train running westbound from Lebanon  as soon as the second commuter cleared the main. Some switching around Nashville and a train crew running from Lebanon to Cookeville and back. While chasing this I did hear a couple of other crews working close to Lebanon.

As far as the commuters go, they are running 2 trains in the morning and 2 in the afternoon on weekdays. One set has been painted in the purple “We Go” or something like that scheme.

Corman’s scheme looks pretty good on a wide cab GE. It would probably look better right side up. Cell phone photo that flipped when uploaded. Perhaps someone know how to flip it right.

Randy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/20 17:27 by baltimore.

Date: 10/13/20 13:37
Re: Nashville and Eastern Operations
Author: baltimore

Thanks for the flip!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0519 seconds