Home Open Account Help 279 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some Fall Color at Confluence, PA.

Date: 10/17/20 04:48
Some Fall Color at Confluence, PA.
Author: jmbreitigan

This past Thursday the wife and I drove down to Confluence, PA. to check out the fall colors. Confluence is located in southwestern PA. a little southeast of Ohiopyle near the Maryland state. The Great Allegheny bike trail is close by. The leaves are starting to fall and plenty of bike riders where out enjoying the nice day. We were lucky to see 3 trains during our visit. The trains may be fewer but what does come by seem longer in length. All trains were on the Keystone Subdivision. I had a roof mounted aantenna and my reception was not the greatest. So I missed the train symbols. I did partially hear the dector at MP 239 go off thus giving me notice of approaching westbound traffic.While waiting we did enjoy the color all around us in this quaint small town. 

1. CSX #3330 leads a lengthy Intermodal train East on track 2. One mid train DPU.

2. Approaching MP 244, CSX #855 leads a mixed manifest train West on track 1. One mid train DPU. The little bit of water on the right side of the frame is the Youghiogheny river.

3. Approaching the Draketown road crossing, CSX #3157 leads an empty coal train West on track 2. Two engines leading.

Thanks for looking,
John Breitigan
Washington, PA.

Date: 10/17/20 06:36
Re: Some Fall Color at Confluence, PA.
Author: NSSpike

Nice examples of the fall colors John. Thanks for posting.
NSSpike

Phil Maton
Villa Rica, GA

Date: 10/17/20 06:49
Re: Some Fall Color at Confluence, PA.
Author: birdman

A good spot to railfan.  I haven't been there for quite a few years.  I should head back to that territory one of these days.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0434 seconds