Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > IATR Electrics at Mason City

Date: 10/26/20 13:49
IATR Electrics at Mason City
Author: CPengineer

I passed through Mason City this past Monday, and although the weather was terrible, I still spent a little time shooting the Iowa Traction as I always try to do (you never know how long stuff like this is going to last).   The train was just leaving the yard at Emery with three tank cars for Mason City when I arrived.  The first shot is on top of the hill just outside Emery.  The second is about half-way down the line.  The third image shows the crew performing a powered drop on the interchange track near Clear Lake Junction.  I wish I hadn't left so soon; I was caught in a snow squall an hour or so later near Des Moines and ended up sitting idle for several hours while they cleaned the accidents off of I-35.  

CPengineer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/20 16:31 by CPengineer.

Date: 10/26/20 13:50
Re: IATR Electrics at Mason City
Author: CPengineer

Three more.  The last one is at Clear Lake Junction just south of Mason City.  The Union Pacific crosses IATR here.  

Date: 10/26/20 13:55
Author: refarkas

How wonderful to see an old friend from the early 1970's (Almost fifty years ago!) still working.
Bob

Date: 10/26/20 14:44
Author: tuxedorailfan

One railroad I really want to shoot...

Date: 10/26/20 15:29
Author: callum_out

As the new owners once said just after purchase, "America's cleanest shortline".

Out 

Date: 10/26/20 15:41
Author: ns1000

Cool pics...

I like the last one.

Date: 10/26/20 16:34
Author: Shortline614

#50 used to run near me on the Washington & Old Dominion. Glad to se her still running!

Posted from Android

Date: 10/26/20 18:59
Author: EMD2024

That's a handsome little motor. Nices images all.

MWPerkins

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0411 seconds