Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Reading & Northern NRFF in the Lehigh Gorge on 9/5

Date: 11/18/20 05:01
Reading & Northern NRFF in the Lehigh Gorge on 9/5
Author: OCtrainguy

Finally getting and making time to edit photos from my trip to the Lehigh Gorge on September 5th.  This is across the Lehigh River from Jim Thorpe, PA and the trail is the former CNJ line while the NS and R&N tracks are former Lehigh Valley.  Reading & Northern 425 was pulling the Lehigh Gorge excursion trains and after the 3:00 pm train headed back toward Jim Thorpe, I stayed up at the MP 126 signal (for NS) to await the impending arrival of the Reading & Northern's North Reading Fast Freight.  The train was pulled my three SD40-2s and had a good size train.  The engines sounded great as they started to make their climb up the mountain.  

1.  Video of the train approaching the MP 126 signal
2.  Rounding the curve and approaching the MP 126 signal
3. About to pass me

A few more to follow.. 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/18/20 05:04
Re: Reading & Northern NRFF in the Lehigh Gorge on 9/5
Author: OCtrainguy

Last of the photos.

4.  Going away photo of the lead engine
5.  The second photo, with the sun really lighting up the nose
6.  Back in Jim Thorpe that evening and their recently painted 'fast freight' SD50 was parked in Jim Thorpe for the weekend

Hope you enjoy! 

Date: 11/18/20 06:17
Author: SierraRail

Those Reefers are loaded with Gallo Wine products from Modesto, California, destined for Kane Logistics in Scranton, Penn.

Date: 11/18/20 08:45
Author: dschlegel

Cool video! I miss hearing trains rolling on jointed rail, it’s one of this things you don’t realize is gone until you hear it again.

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/18/20 09:18
Author: bluesboyst

Nice video.. Thanks for posting

Date: 11/18/20 09:23
Author: Darthsimpletext

This railroad REALLY thrives. It's featured in the November 2020 of Railfan & Railroad

nick

Date: 11/18/20 16:28
Author: The-late-EMD

Nothing like the sound of an EMD in run 8!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds