Home Open Account Help 320 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Some action from Perkiomen Junction

Date: 11/18/20 17:24
Some action from Perkiomen Junction
Author: VFPNSFAN

26T-18 leans into the curve at Perkiomen Junction

26T-11 splits the 24.5 signal heading east on main one.

38G makes a now(PSR)rare daylight run past MP 24.5

NS HARRISBURG LINE
PHOENIXVILLE, PA
MP 24.5

Date: 11/18/20 18:36
Re: Some action from Perkiomen Junction
Author: Gonut1

Great place for photos! Too bad it is a junction to basically nowhere today. A few years back, around 2010, Pennsylvania State gave a grant to a sand and gravel business between Oaks and Phoenixville to build a siding and begin shipping product. NS pulled all the storage covered hoppers that were plugging the line since 2008's financial crash and ran bushwackers up past Longford Road to just past the business there, Graphic Packaging International. Graphic does have a siding but doesn't ship or receive by rail. Nothing more than weeds and rust has occurred since. The line is physically severed past a point just south of Phoenixville and O.O.S. from there to Devault where there used to be a very busy American Sweeteners facility. Busy enough to keep an end cab switcher and geep busy daily. Perkiomen Jct was a Reading junction from the mainline to the Perkiomen Branch that ran to Emmaus, PA on their Reading Line. The line to Devault is the remnant of the PRR Schuylkill Sub and their Devault Branch from Phoenixville to Devault (once upon a time to West Chester and on to Philly via the West Chester Branch, now partially SEPTA's Media Line and partially West Chester RR a tourist Line. Conrail tied the Perkiomen Branch onto the PRR at Oaks and that became the Devault Industrial.
Thanks for the nice photos!
Go

Date: 11/19/20 04:15
Author: dschlegel

Great information Go and cool photos a Doug!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/19/20 11:03
Author: TRACKENGR

Doug,
Nice stuff as usual.

I've been away for a while.  What happended to 14G and 17G?

Steve

Date: 11/19/20 12:45
Author: VFPNSFAN

TRACKENGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Doug,
> Nice stuff as usual.
>
> I've been away for a while.  What happended to
> 14G and 17G?
>
> Steve

14G and 17G have become victims of PSR.  26T now works Abrams to pickup mixed freight and bring it to Morrisiville, 25T brings mixed freight now from Morrisville to Abrams.  I'm guessing 38/39G now work Enola to bring the freight from Harrisburg to Abrams.  H44 brings any freight from Allentown to and from Abrams daily.

Date: 11/21/20 13:48
Author: TRACKENGR

Thanks Doug.  I was afraid of that.

Steve

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0521 seconds